Friday, May 7, 2010

Whale Watching...minus the whales

Boyfriend and I were SO excited (okay, I was the giddy one) to go out this morning and use my Groupon for San Francisco Whale Tours to go see Grey Whales migrating past the Farallon Islands. I've always wanted to see whales, and I LOVE being out in the middle of nature.

For unforeseen reasons, the boat had to come back after heading out for only an hour. I know...I was SUPER bummed, too. But the trip route took us along the Northern California shore, and it was GORGEOUS, so the trip wasn't a total waste. How could be out in the fresh sea air and sunshine with your favorite person not be awesome?!

The tour people were super nice and we were able to reschedule for later this month, so I will have a whole new adventure to share. In the meantime, here are some pics from our lovely, yet brief, boat ride.

Happy weekend, everyone!

P.S. My digital camera is totally wonky and makes the color all funny...I actually like the pics better that way. It gives them character!




3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I actually love the way the pictures turned out. I want to see the whales too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic of you and Boyfriend! Glad you enjoyed your day, even without the whales. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, have you seen the whales yet? Love to the whales!

    I was happy to just be out on the water again but when we saw the whales it was love at first sight...

    We are waiting for a video of our whale watching experience here on the Cape - can't wait to see them again!

    Our friends got their video and said it was totally worth the twenty something bucks, so if that is an option on your tour I say splurge!

    ReplyDelete