Friday, May 28, 2010

The way to happiness...in list form.














So I was going through some of the clippings and notes that I keep...I have so many of them it's scary! If these were actual pieces of paper and not computer files, my apartment would be wallpapered with randomness.

Anyway, I came across this list of things to do to make life a little easier...and consequently, less stressed and
happier. It was in a doc titled "Be Happier Right Now."

I don't remember where I got it from, but I do know I didn't come up with it myself. I apologize to the writer, and please let me know if you've seen this before so I can give them proper credit (and check out what else they've written).


A few of the items here I do already, and some I KNOW I have to work on.
  • Laugh at yourself.
  • Keep stamps in the house.
  • Keep extra cash in the house.
  • Have a good book to read.
  • Bring a hat and an umbrella.
  • Don’t wear tight pants or uncomfortable shoes.
  • Don’t let yourself get too hungry.
  • Make a list.
  • Always keep your passport in the same place.
  • Always put your keys away in the same place — and keep an extra set of keys.
  • Keep a Band-Aid and a small bottle of pain reliever in your purse.
  • Make your bed.
  • Never let your car’s gas level fall into the "empty" zone.
  • Have at least one friend who lives in your neighborhood.
  • Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual.
  • Get up 20 minutes earlier than usual.

So, what do you think of this list?

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! I'm a big fan of laughing at myself and making lists. I should be better about keeping cash in the house, a good book around, avoiding extreme hunger, and making my bed. I should generate a similar list and keep modifying it based on my current circumstances. For example, in your list, you no longer need to worry about the gas level falling to empty- Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete