Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leash training update

So I know you are all dying to find out if I actually went through with my crazy cat lady idea to train Archie to walk on a leash. The answer is YES...and he loves it.

Well, he didn't at first, but now he really enjoys his little snooping expeditions. He is a really nosy neighbor. There's a couple of doors that we have to visit at each outing.

One is down the hall on my floor. I am terrified that the lady who lives there is going to come out while I am standing in front of her door and my cat's nose is glued to her welcome mat.


The other apartment we HAVE to visit is the one directly above mine. Somehow he knows that's the one to keep an eye on. Maybe they have a cat up there, I don't know. But often, he'll just stare at the ceiling, like he's keeping tabs on them, so no wonder he wants to stop by their door on our walks.


He has finally stopping dragging his tummy along the floor and is walking like a normal little kitty. I think in another month or so, we might even take a trip to the great outdoors. In the meantime, the hallways are enough of an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment