Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why can't happiness grow on trees?

I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.

Martha Washington 1732-1802, First American First Lady

This really spoke to my heart. Right now, I feel like I am letting some bad situations get the better of me. And it's causing negativity to spread into all areas of my life. So I have decided that I want to be happy, no matter how crappy things get around me. We all deserve to be happy -- and sometimes we are the ones who are standing in the way.

Do you agree? What has helped you find your silver lining?

PS:
Thank you, Amy, for sharing this quote.

1 comment:

  1. "To love what you do and feel that it matters -- how could anything be more fun?"
    -Katharine Graham

    ReplyDelete