Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 things I can't go running without

5) ASICS Brand Running Shoes: I love these shoes. I need to get new ones and I keep putting it off. They are big and not very attractive, but my feet, especially my toes, have never been happier than with these babies.

4) Larabars: Especially the cashew ones. LOVE!


3)
RunningAhead.com: A great site for planning your runs and keeping track of your progress. It can do things, like planning a route ahead of time, that my iPhone running app can't do yet. The application I'm trying out right now is called
RunKeeper. When the GPS is working, its great for keeping track of your progress and pace while out on the road.


2) My IronMan watch: It's the same one I ran my first marathon with 3 1/2 years ago. Even though the light on it doesn't work, the face is scratched and a nice new one is sitting in my drawer, I still love this watch and don't want to ever leave the house without it.



1)
Alameda: I have fallen for this city all over again. The streets are safe, the climate is a runner's paradise, the houses and gardens are beautiful distractions, and the people are friendly. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment