Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nine Lives to Live: The Feud has Come to an End

Hello fellow felines!

The white flag of peace was waved in the courtyard this weekend. Or maybe it was so hot that all our friends were just too tired to squabble. No matter the reasons behind the serenity, I witnessed quite a surprising scene one afternoon as I lounged in my warm, sunny and very well-positioned window.


Floyd was lounging the the popular dirt patch when Archie came sauntering out his door. This is when Archie would normally take off scampering around the back of the bushes and plan his ambush of poor old Floyd. But not today! Archie calmly walked over, made a couple of remarks (I couldn't quite make out what he said) and Floyd chirped back a reply.

Then, if you can believe it, Floyd just watched cautiously as his arch-enemy, slowly laid down in the dirt with him. Of course Archie, still being wary of the situation, laid down facing his rival.

I will be sure to keep you up to date on how our two "buddies" are doing with their new-found friendship -- or is it tolerance.

purrs and kisses!

P.S. The 'yard just isn't the same without you, LuLu.


2 comments:

  1. so cute! i read this to mike and he loved it.
    xolucena

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to read him the first article I posted about how Archie and I came to be the best of friends. It's quite a story!

    ReplyDelete