Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trendy Mayo?














Being a creative-type, I've always kept my eye out for clever advertising. I can't help it. That's how my design teachers taught me. Living in SF is a great place for checking out the most clever ads -- especially the campaigns that blanket the underground MUNI stations.

The most recent one that caught my eye was for Miracle Whip. Yes, really. I know, I was completely surprised, too. They were being quite agressive, clever and avant garde, especially for a condiment. Their concept centers around "Are you mayo or are you miracle whip?"

And then it directly ties the consumer and their personal identity to the product, by putting sayings like "Are you
bland or bold?" on the walls. "No mayo allowed beyond this point" on the floor. The background is all done to look like painted plywood billboard space. This is totallly not what I was expecting from mayo.

Oh, excuse me.

Apparently Miracle Whip is NOT Mayo.

I never knew that! But now I sure do.

Here's some more pics of the Powell Street eastern most entrance:










No comments:

Post a Comment