Thursday, October 22, 2009

NaNoWriMo here I come!

Can you believe I am going to write a novel?!

I signed up for NaNoWriMo... National Novel Writing Month. That means that for the entire month of November, I will be typing away like crazy to make the goal of 50,000 words and one complete novel!


I've always wanted to write a novel. I have a handful of ideas stored up, but it's just so daunting. I need a kick in the pants!


I will keep you posted on how I do. Maybe even post some of my ideas and exerpts.


Check out the NaNoWriMo website for more info.

3 comments:

  1. You are going to rock it, Dana! I definitely think you should post some stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inspiring me Dana. I attended the Peninsula meet up on Thurs (are most people in NaNoWriMo sci-fi? or are sci-fi writers disproportionately represented at meet-ups?), convinced my parents to join (just retired Dad is now telling people he is a full time novelist) and today I am working on goading Katie into it. My plan is to dis her speed reading skills and let her know there's groups of people that compete about how fast they write. Extreme book club! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete