Monday, September 21, 2009

Blood Suckers

As I was reading through my everyday list of random blogs and internet juiciness, I stumbled across this article. What a relief! Finally a reason why those nasty little mosquitoes keep picking on me and sucking my blood. Its soo annoying this time of year. Apparently, mosquitoes can smell and are attracted to the chemicals emitted by people with O-type blood. Basically, I smell so yummy, they can help but take a little bite. :)

Another factor in being bitten is the amount of alcohol consumed -- but for a different reason than above. Really, it's because being buzzed makes you less likely to swat the nasty buggers away.


But as interesting as this information is, it doesn't make the bites itch any less!


Read the article

PS: O-type blood is greatly desired by not only mosquitoes, but the blood banks as well. If you can handle needles and are an eligible donor, you should try donating blood. You get free juice and cookies! Learn more

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is so helpful! If there is one mosquito in SF, it will find me, I tell ya, it's so annoying! I am lame, though -- I don't know off the top of my head what blood type I am. I'm calling mom tonight!! She should know. I have also heard they are simply attracted to smelly stuff in general like perfume and shampoo, so that could be it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoying your blog! this is kind of random, but i found this sf fashion blog and thought you might enjoy it. it's pretty transbay too.
    http://fashioni.st/index.php
    xoxox lucena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I would be so thankful to have A+ blood =) Being up at camp this past summer some of the kids were just being eaten alive by mosquitos and I made it through with only a couple. Btw, donating blood can not only get you free juice and cookies but sometimes they have special events where you can get free tickets to a baseball game and, the more recent offer I got, was something about a free lap around the track in a race car. As if saving lives wasn't enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete